Saturday, October 8, 2011

Living off Coffee and Adrenaline


...is actually easier than it sounds.

I have recently discovered, that food doesn't really appeal to me anymore. When I am eating, I get so caught up in the whole WHAT CAN I EAT NEXT? that I never really appreciate what's in front of me.

I've worked out that if I see something I really really want to eat, and let myself eat it, then I don't feel deprived, or like I'm missing out. I haven't eaten more than one meal a day for about about a week and a half.

And it's working. I'm down from 53 to 50.3
45 here I come!

A small story, purely for my own authorial enjoyment:
I walked into town the other day with a
dear friend of mine (who also happens to be slightly disordered in this field), and we decided to buy coffee. We got to the cafe and looked at the menu. JUMBO COFFEE!


We both decided to get one, but after we'd ordered and paid, I was standing there watching the barista make the coffee. I saw the coffee trickling out of the machine, and then saw the milk being frothed. The sight of all that white milk made me quite nauseous, and I couldn't bare to think about how full of fat it was. I pretended I drank the whole thing, and only drank a little less than half before throwing it away. And I felt proud. I watched my friend down the whole thing, and could see she hadn't stopped to think about how much milk was in the goddam thing.

After that day, I knew I was back.
And I am, for good. (Insert squeals of enjoyment here)

Oh, just before I forget.

BREAKING NEWS

This friend of mine and myself are about to embark on a new project, a co-written blog detailing everything contained within the average life. It's sure to be an interesting read, so check it out, I'll post the web address in my next post.

I want it to be a blog with contributions from you all, a collective project, let's make this a blog to remember. It's still in its very early stages, so email me at lillieflower@live.com if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear from you.

I have ballet rehearsals to attend- more on that later.

Stay Strong, Live Life, and most importantly,

Never say never, for nothing is ever truly lost.

Xx. Lillie

2 comments:

  1. Similar thing happened to me! I went to Starbucks with my colleague today, she gets a VENTI caramel frappucino and i got a tall americano (10 kcal). Gawd knows how many calories are in that frappucino. As we walked out, I watched her butt. She may be proud to swag it, but I'm glad it's not mine. I'm such a biatch but I'd rather be thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coffee is the life force <3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete