Sunday, September 5, 2010

I just finished reading one of those trashy magazines that we all know are stupid but we read them anyway. One of the articles I came across was "can you catch an eating disorder-the dangers of disordered eating". The next four pages were all about how to lost weight by eating less and suggesting exercises. The next page after that was a photoshopped picture of a girl who was (I'm just going to say it, it's too early in the morning for tact) fat. Really fat. The headline? "I love my curves". Nice way to send three different messages in the space of four pages. 1. Eat, otherwise you'll get an eating disorder. 2. Don't eat, and do these exercises to lose some weight. 3. It's ok to be obese.
Clear as mud.

On another note, I ate and ate this weekend. Because I chose to. I don't regret this, sometimes you just have to get it all out of your system. So that is what I did. I ate everything I knew I would crave in one go, so now this leaves me with a completely clean slate.

I downloaded an app onto my iPod called "shape up" yesterday, and it has since become my new best friend. It calculates how many calories you need to eat per day to get to your goal weight. It has graphs and food logs and pretty much everything. I love it :)

I'm beginning to write out everything I'll eat for the day in the morning, that way I don't end up having all these little snacksies. I'd better be off, otherwise I'll be late to classes.

Smile :)
You all deserve to.

Xx. Lillie

5 comments:

  1. yeh it's a good idea just to put a day aside to go for all the foods you crave. like you said you'll get it out of your system and also you're less likely to binge in the days before because you know that day is coming.

    i'll definitely look for that app! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Fashion magazines are ridiculous. SO hypocritical. I don't know if you have ever read "Intuitive Eating", which is the book they base ED therapy on... but it is the same type of thing. It preaches eating whatever you like until you are full, no holds barred, and then concluded by suggesting we all go on a low fat diet. Seriously.

    makes me want to scream.

    (not that I am anti-therapy, but really?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like TeenVogue XD Though I hate the whole thing 17 is doing with its fat models... It's like, why are you encouraging obesity? It's not pretty and it never will be. I mean, these girls aren't healthy. They're OBESE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so frustrated with the way people portray body image in magazines. Fact is, it's because no one really seems to know what they're talking about. I also hate when fat people call themselves curvy. Arg. It's just another kind of delusional.

    I'm glad to hear you're doing well, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I hate when magazines do that shiz. Yeah something is definitely in the air. Maybe it's the magic of fall, because it was this time last year that I was at my strongest.

    Yes, let us be thin sooner the later.

    ReplyDelete