Monday, March 21, 2011

A letter to myself

Dear me,
The only person that stands in your way is you. It's time to let her go.

There is no denying what you've become. You are by far fatter than you have ever been before. It surrounds you, on your stomach, thighs, back, everywhere. It's trapping you, preventing your true self from shining through. It's muffling creativity and suffocating beauty. You need to let this go.

Don't you dare sit idly by, hating what you've become without doing anything about it.

Don't you dare.

It's time you did what you should have done two and a half months ago. Begin again, this time with real conviction. Watch the fat melt away, because slowly but surely, if you are strong enough, it will.

Don't stop yourself from becoming who you should become.
You're too good for that.

Don't disappoint me again.

Xx. Lillie

5 comments:

  1. i like this. kudos for honesty. can always count on you for that, i think. i hope you don't disappoint yourself. i know it's stupid easy to do&how disheartening it can be. stay strong, babygirl.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect. I feel the exact same way. It's good to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So honest, thank you. I kind of needed to hear that from someone. Sending you skinnies darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS post is exactly how I feel.
    Excellent post :)

    Best way of conveying how I feel in a long time, I couldn't have put it in better words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so so so right.

    Thank you for reminding me.

    Love always, darling,

    x

    ReplyDelete