Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve :)

I met my friends in town today for lunch. We've been meaning to go for ages, but never seem to get around to it. Anyway, the place we went to is 100% vegetarian and its GREAT. I had the chow mein, which is usually pretty calorie packed, but this one is pretty much just steamed veggies like spinach and bok choy. Anyway, it tasted delicious. I also went and bought some last minute Christmas presents for my family, a box of chocolates for mum and dad, and a dvd for my sister. 

I've only just got back from my run. It feels so good to be back into doing it on a daily basis again. Although it doesn't tire me out like it used to, so I'm trying to find a longer track. It's not just the running i enjoy while I'm out there either. Some of you who have read my profile would know that i love to sing, and when I'm out there in the wilderness, i can sing at the top of my lungs, as long and as loud as i like, with no one but a few kangaroos to hear me. I suppose it's my version of an emotional outlet in a way, but it clears my head and always renews my determination. 

For me, tomorrow is Christmas Day. I love Christmas, it's the one time of the year when the world seems to just stop as people take time to relax and enjoy the company of their family, whether they usually get on or not. The downside, of course, is all the food, but i know i can work it all off again. My family puts all the food out at around 11:30 in the morning, and everyone just helps themselves. We never really worry about dinner, because everyone is so full with whatever else they've eaten. It's mainly just ham, fruit and prawns anyway. 

I have to go and prepare the sushi for tomorrow, so I'd better get off the computer...

Merry Christmas :)
Xx. Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment