Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This post is as boring as plain oatmeal.

I'm having a small dilemma at the moment. I don't know whether to eat something or not. Yesterday all I had was oatmeal, today I was planning to have just oatmeal again. I haven't eaten anything so far today, and it seems like a bit of a waste to eat it. Having said that, my stomach's been grumbling at me all day, and I do have a bunch of assignments that I need some brainpower to do. Looking in the mirror, I have a long way to go, and only ten days to go there.

I think I will eat my oatmeal, but I'll make it a small bowl, just enough to keep my brain functioning well.

I don't know why, but at the moment it's so easy to avoid food. I think it's mostly because I know I only have a minuscule amount of time left.

I love the feeling of an empty stomach. Not counting today, I have nine days until I fly home. I'm doing everything I can to make sure I make it. I hope it will be enough.

Edit: I did have my small bowl of oatmeal. I then thought, "what harm could just a little more oatmeal do?". But I stopped and made myself a peppermint tea instead. I reasoned that if I still wanted more after my cup of tea, then I would know I was actually hungry and could eat more oatmeal. I didn't go back. It's these small victories that keep me going. My new aim, although whether I'll achieve it or not I don't know as of yet, it to pretty much eat my one bowl of oatmeal a day, and nothing else. It's worked for two days, surely it will work for a measly nine days more.

Only five days until I perform my solo in front of the school. I'm so worried, and I'm doing everything I can to make sure I'm perfect.

I'm going downstairs now, to see how much I weigh. I've been avoiding the scale for a while now. It sits out in front of everyone, just waiting to criticise.

This post is going nowhere, so I'll edit it later.

Goodnight!
Xx. Lillie


Xx. Lillie

3 comments:

  1. i'd just like to say kudos to you for making tea instead of more oatmeal. good job. it's funny how great it makes you feel to say no to something. i'm sure you'll do great on the solo. my scale is in the kitchen, so i see it every time i go in there for food. cheers. stay strong, doll.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Not only is the tea 0 cal, but mint is an appetite supressant :D For future reference, 1/3 cup instant oatmeal is 100 calories. ♥

    xo
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the tea. I love tea. It kills hunger and has no calories (:

    ReplyDelete