I felt horrible today. The boarding house cat decided that it would sleep right next to my face in my bed. Initially woke up, thought WHATTHEFUCKISTHAT, realised it was the cat, and, being rather drowsy, went back to sleep. However the second time I awoke, the skin on my face had also noticed the proximity of the cat. One side of my face in particular had swollen to almost twice its normal size and was itching terribly. I could barely open my eyes and they were so itchy that I managed to rub them red raw by the morning. I looked like hell and one of my eyes was still very noticeably swollen and sore. It was not a good start to the day.
I also began developing a sore throat and a thumping headache accompanied it. Now I sit here with a sore throat, a raging headache and an escalating temperature. It was just one of those days where all the elements of the universe combine to conspire against you.
Things started off well on the food front, but went downhill with my physical well-being. I had a massive bowl of noodles in an effort to console my aching throat. They tasted foul, and yet I ate the whole bowl. They also made my throat sorer than it had been before. I then consumed about 20+ biscuits in an effort to muster up enough energy to do my homework. It didn't work.
I now sit here feeling sicker than before, and full of food.
Oh well. It was just one of those days. I didn't self-destruct, I just couldn't compete with the hurdles the universe chucked at me all at once today.
Tomorrow I have an hour and a half of running, then two hours of ballet, and I'm determined to make it through. The school wants me to perform a ballet solo onstage before I go. I've told them I'll do it, but I only have this week and next week to prepare, and with this cold I don't know how if I'll make it. I guess I'll see how I go tomorrow and sort it out from there.
Stay Strong, Live Life and hold your head high.
Xx. Lillie
sorry the universe is being so rude. i really hope tomorrow is fantastic for you. i'm a little envious of dancers. i couldn't find a beginners class for my age&it's been too many years for me to just jump in. pat on the back for you, miss ballerina. stay strong, babygirl.
ReplyDeletexoxo
zette
I'm sorry you feel so awful. I hate days like that. In fact, I sort of had one today. You're not alone, love. Like you said: "hold your head high." By the way, your exercise will take care of those 20+biscuits! TWO HOURS of running PLUS ballet! Wow! You must have legs to die for.
ReplyDeletexo
hey, love your blog, so I nominated you for a blogger award.<3
ReplyDeletehttp://willstarveforbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html