Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Writing a letter to yourself may prove highly advisable.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I stuck to my word. I consumed a little rock melon, and nothing else.
I knew I couldn't fail myself again, and I didn't.

Tomorrow I plan to eat a little more, I do need a functioning brain to get me through classes, but I am too excited to see the results to let food get in the way. I'm proving to myself just how strong I can be, and eventually, I'll prove it to the world.

I'm going on a nice long shopping trip with one of my cousins in the city I fly to before I fly home. I want to be able to try on, buy, and wear clothes with my head held high, because I know they look good. I've been hiding for the past month under long pants and loose shirts. I stopped wearing the largest pair of shorts I own because they were almost a little small. Not for long.

I'm doing this for all the people that lie to themselves every day that they like their body. I'm doing this for the friends of mine who I know secretly compete against me to see who's better, I'm doing this for my parents, so they can feel proud of their beautiful daughter. But most of all, I'm doing this for myself.


Seventeen days. It's not long, but it's enough. Let's see how much I can lose.

3 comments:

  1. agreed. 17 days is enough. just keep going. you're doing great. when i go shopping i like to buy things too big for me. i'm a big fan of hiding. i'm glad you're doing it for yourself. it'll motivate you. stay strong, little lady.
    xoxo
    zette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I'm glad you're feeling so strong and optimistic. Just be careful, okay?

    I support you every step.

    Love always,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the shopping trip sounds like so much fun. Stay optimistic, and stay strong <3

    ReplyDelete