Saturday, December 19, 2009

Really just a morning ramble...

I decided yesterday that i was going to eat whatever i wanted. I decided to unleash a year's worth of cravings, just to get it out of my system. I ate barely any of the things i had planned to, but even so i know i will regret it.

Luckily, my plan worked! Half the things I ate didn't taste as good as i used to think they did anyway. And now that i've eaten them, i don't want to eat them anymore. Chocolate is too sweet, lollies are too sugary, chips are too salty or just plain foul. I never really liked all that junk food, but now i doubt i will ever want to taste any of it ever again. I think that sometimes, when you go without for too long, things seem to be better than they really are. Now, I'm finally free, free from food and the cravings that go with it. (Wow, that's the first time I've ever felt good about a binge...) 

Now i can focus on what i really want, and obtain the image i so desperately seek. I'm going to continue my daily 10km run, not just because it burns calories like hell, but also because, I enjoy the feeling or freedom i get when i run. It never ceases to amaze me just how much further i can go after my mind tells me there is nothing left. I'm also adding a whole lot more to my daily routine. I've got the usual skipping and jumps and things, but is there any other exercises that you guys know of that i can do in my room? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh, and an interesting development on the whole cousin thing... A couple of weeks ago i got a new haircut, anyway, my cousin saw the pictures on facebook and decided that it looked so good that she went out and got the exact same haircut...

I have to be thin by the time i fly to Melbourne. I will become the person i strive to be. 
Stay strong, reach for the stars, and be happy. 
Xx. Lillie

6 comments:

  1. It is so snowy and cold where I live that I can't run outside anymore and I hate it. I hate running on treadmills. Are you able to run on a treadmill? Which do you prefer?
    And good for you on the sweets thing! I hope I can get to that point soon. Good luck on your Melbourne goal! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :)
    I where i live the temperature gets up to around 49 degrees Celsius, so i always go running either really early or just before the sun sets to escape the heat. I hate people seeing me run, its my time to be alone with my thoughts, so i take a track that leads to this national park sort of thing and loops back around.

    I like running on treadmills as well, but not at the gym, and buying one is out of the question (my mum thinks that ballet five days a week is more than enough exercise for anyone) i don't really have a choice. But having said that, i like running outside through the bush anyway, i usually see at least three kangaroos and i like watching the landscape change from day to day. Besides, the sunsets and sunrises are beautiful :)
    Thankyou for the good wishes :)
    Xx. Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky you don't have a therapist. But, I also find a therapeutic quality to reading blogs. They're more helpful than therapy has ever been.

    You're my inspiration to get back in shape. I hate that I'm losing muscle and feel blobby.

    Some good exercises are here:
    http://www.ediets.com/fitness-exercise/
    And you can sign up for email newsletters that have tips like "5 Great Ways to Burn Fat!" and such. (that was the one I received today, actually)

    Good luck to you!
    Cosmos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou :)
    And Good Luck to you too :)
    Xx. Lillie

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I think that sometimes, when you go without for too long, things seem to be better than they really are"
    Exactly! I have been experiencing the same thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I happened upon your blog address on Quest for Perfection. I know I'll enjoy reading every one of your updates.

    You may find mine quite interesting as well: www.phantasmagoricaldelusion.blogspot.com

    Be well, stay strong, live THIN.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete